Free & Accurate Assessment
Your free solar quote will include any available incentives.
What determines the cost of a solar project?
The size of your rooftop and the amount of electricity you spend. Once we survey your roof, we can provide suggestions and pricing on racking, panels, inverters, and possibly a battery system. A brief overview on the economics of going solar is available here, but for a fully accurate quote you’ll need to submit your property information and speak with our team.
How will we provide a quote?
We’ll send you a PDF via e-mail and assign a solar designer to your project. The solar designer will handle all of the nuts and bolts of your project moving forward.
Sample assessment screenshots
See screenshots from a recent 3D rendering of a Mt. Airy home. These renderings are used by our designers to create optimal systems for your needs.
A word from our CEO
In this short clip from our podcast, Yoooo Sun!!!, our CEO Micah Gold-Markel discusses the importance of accurate solar assessments for your property.
If you are considering solar, please read:
In our industry there is too much noise – bad or unhelpful information that misleads you.
Our position is that it’s best to see things honest from the start – no empty promises. The truth is: a solar installation is an involved process, and varies greatly by region. We cross our i’s and dot our t’s, and we see a lot of i’s and too many t’s: applications, permits, incentives, contracts, e-mails and e-mails. Done well, this is not a click-to-buy purchase. But, twelve years in, we’ve managed to make your experience seamless, or close. We get ahead of problems and keep you in the loop. Forever after you’re installed, we’re only a phone call away.
If you don’t know which questions to ask but want to begin, just reach out with a ‘hello’ and our team will take care of you. We’ll tell you which questions you should be asking and be sure to provide suggestions grounded in your reality.
The #1 solar misconception in our region is that “I can’t go solar with my rooftop”. Hogwash, yes you can. Parts of Philadelphia and surrounding areas can be difficult to install in – narrow streets, flat or awkward rooftops – but this is our backyard and we’re very comfortable here. If you heard from another installer that you cannot go solar, or are of that opinion, please contact us – if there’s a way, we’ll find it.
Here are some facts to remember:
- The price of a solar installation varies by rooftop, location, available incentives, energy production requirements and more. Be careful not to glean too much from a friend’s or the internet’s price – yours could be considerably less, or more.
- Every Solar States installation is backed by our 10-year Workmanship Guarantee.
- The Investment Tax Credit (ITC) stands at 26% through 2022.
- The Philadelphia Solar Rebate is no longer available – funds ran out.
- Solarize Philadelphia is inactive but a limited-time program. It is set to return in 2021.
- We’ve had an uptick in battery requests of late. They are available. We are a Certified Powerwall installer.
- We pay $500 for referrals. Referrals make our world go ’round.
For your viewing pleasure..
Our Dan Fischl recorded his 30-minute Intro to Solar. It’s not Netflix, it’s better.
How much will your solar project cost?
We can handle ANY job.
- We came back stronger from the springtime COVID shutdown, growing our employee count from 28 on Jan. 1 to 32 (+2 interns) today.
- We started a 401K plan for employees and saved over $100,000 in our first year.
- While respecting new safety restrictions and avoiding a single case of COVID-19, we installed more projects this year than last.
- Due to our growth in installations and profit-sharing program, we were able to reward employees with larger bonuses this year than any year prior.
- We hosted our free education programs online and hired more through these programs than ever before. A big “welcome!” to Aquill, Jonah, Cleo, Ta’Sean, and Domingo.
- Our designers upgraded in-house drone and 3D technologies to continue to provide best-in-class service to future customers.
- We started a podcast to tell the story of our region’s developing solar industry and published thirteen episodes.
- Through the PEA’s Solar Savings Grant Program, we were able help nearly 40 low-income residents go solar.
- We were for a fourth time selected as the City of Philadelphia’s preferred solar installer for the Solarize Philadelphia program, which generated contracts for dozens of new installations in the city.
- We completed our largest installation to date. Our team and partners for this project were recognized by Governor Tom Wolf.
About Solar States
Solar States is a solar installer and educator based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are a certified B-Corp and Best for the World Nominee in both 2018 and 2019. We can install solar on any roof – residential or commercial – in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Maryland. If you have any questions about a transition to a sustainable energy system for your property, we can answer them.