- We came back stronger from the springtime COVID shutdown, growing our employee count from 28 on Jan. 1 to 32 (+2 interns) today.
- We started a 401K plan for employees and saved over $100,000 in our first year.
- While respecting new safety restrictions and avoiding a single case of COVID-19, we installed more projects this year than last.
- Due to our growth in installations and profit-sharing program, we were able to reward employees with larger bonuses this year than any year prior.
- We hosted our free education programs online and hired more through these programs than ever before. A big “welcome!” to Aquill, Jonah, Cleo, Ta’Sean, and Domingo.
- Our designers upgraded in-house drone and 3D technologies to continue to provide best-in-class service to future customers.
- We started a podcast to tell the story of our region’s developing solar industry and published thirteen episodes.
- Through the PEA’s Solar Savings Grant Program, we were able help nearly 40 low-income residents go solar.
- We were for a fourth time selected as the City of Philadelphia’s preferred solar installer for the Solarize Philadelphia program, which generated contracts for dozens of new installations in the city.
- We completed our largest installation to date. Our team and partners for this project were recognized by Governor Tom Wolf.
How much will your solar project cost in 2021?
We can handle ANY solar project: flat rooftop, ground mount, battery backups, carport – ANY!
What determines the cost of a solar project?
The size of your rooftop and the amount of electricity you spend. Once we survey your roof, we can provide suggestions and pricing on racking, panels, inverters, and possibly a battery system.
How will we provide a quote?
We’ll send you a PDF via e-mail and assign a solar designer to your project. The solar designer will handle all of the nuts and bolts of your project moving forward.
What are SRECs?
What is Net Metering?
What is the Tax Credit?
Investment Tax Credit
A Podcast for YOU
On Yooo Sun!!! we discuss all-things solar. We’ve published thirteen episodes ranging from Frequently Asked Questions to Solar for Schools and Solar for Community Gardens. The show is hosted by Solar States’ founder Micah-Gold Markel and Energy Consultant Jared Paschko. Listen to all ~30-minute episodes here.
700+ Installations Since 2008
Search your location to find the Solar States system nearest you
Solar stories from across NJ, MD, and PA
We went solar in August 2017 and it’s been great! We have 29 panels on our house. They face two different directions – Southeast and Southwest – so we get good sun in the morning and good sun in the afternoon. I have a monitoring system which allows me to see how much solar is being generated and how much the house is using. It’s allowed us to make adjustments and also to see that we have a lot of excess solar, so we bought an electric car which we now charge with solar. It’s been great!”
I’ve got an old house – row house on Spring Street. It needed some special work. Your engineer, Robert Monk, was very helpful. When that problem was solved your team arrived and I had 8 panels on the top of my house. We accomplished this in November 2017. Since that day I have not paid one penny for electricity. every month we have put more into the grid than we have taken out of the grid. I’m impressed with Solar States and from what I hear about the way you train young people in the business, I like that very much.
I love my solar arrays. We installed the solar array 3 or 4 years ago and I’m very happy with Solar States in many ways – happy with the staff. I felt so comfortable having them in my house. They were very friendly and accommodating. I had my roof redone at the same time and I was recommended a roofer that turned out to be just great. He did a beautiful job and was inexpensive.
Solar-States is the real deal, complete package. From idea to design to engineering to build to inspections to dealing with the utility, they handled it all. This was not a panels on the roof type deal. The project was extremely unique and from the ground up. They never balked at any ideas we had…down to the lighting/switch placement. I had three companies on the property and they were the only ones I didn’t feel were trying to oversell a system we didn’t need for thousands of extra dollars. The job was custom, the price was right. They were able to match an existing pergola on the property with the style of our project. It came out exactly how I had envisioned. Done to budget in the original time-frame promised. Highly recommended. Thank you Solar-States!
Solar States was the contractor assigned to me by the Solarize Philly program. They did a fantastic job on the design and installation of my rooftop PV system. From the first contact to the final sign-off, they were responsive and professional. All of my questions and concerns were addressed in timely manner. They use first rate components: SolarEdge inverters and power optimizers, LG Neon PV panels. I love the fact that they are providing training and job opportunities for young people in the Philly region. All in all, I would highly recommend them for any solar projects.
A bit about us…
Solar States is a certified B-Corporation founded in 2008 based on the ideas found in Van Jones’ book, “The Green Collar Economy”. We are the on ramp for inner city residents looking to find jobs in the solar industry. As a result of our founding ethos we have a dual mission to install solar and educate the next generation of solar installers. We have developed over 700 solar projects and established ongoing educational partnerships with the School District of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Energy Authority, and others. More about us here.
We’ve designed the “Find Your Power” curriculum to educate anyone interested in pursuing a career in solar. Our programs are made possible by educational partners, like the Philadelphia Energy Authority, so that students get a free education with hands-on experience. Our students enter with no previous exposure to the solar industry and graduate as qualified solar installers. A number of Find Your Power graduates now work for Solar States, and we’ve helped place many more in jobs elsewhere.